Thursday 16 June 2011

Summary of Still Life exercises

The solidity of my natural  composition I feel was due to the placing of the fruit on the plate allowing space and proportion to be as accurate as possible.  The positioning of the fruit and vegetables I felt had to have a balance so that the eye was drawn over the whole composition. The importance of putting in the shadows gave a grounded look to the compostion The question whether I felt it was easier to suggest three dimensions on man-made objects or natural objects I find it harder to qualify my answer as I felt that I found that the natural objects easier. Two natural objects are rarely the same shape and so there is scope to draw in the imperfections and capitalise therefore on the form.  Man made objects are usually uniform in shape and symetrical and you have to be careful that the composition doesn't look flat.  I think that the repositioning of the composition is crucial to the approach of creating a sense of form.  The objects should have some cohesion with one another to be able to help produce a sense of form.
I tried to position myself directly infront of the composition because the light was coming from the left which gave the highlighted areas a more prominent position.

No comments:

Post a Comment