Friday 17 June 2011

Negative Space and Perspective

The excerises on negative space were very interesting and draws the mind to the importance of negative space in  drawing.  After placing obects in a group I had to draw the top half of the group in a continuous line from left to right drawing up and over the objects using the table line as the starting point.  Once this was completed I then drew the bottom half in the same way, which made me focus solely on the outline and the spaces between the objects.


I then drew them again  moving the objects closer  together  filling in the background and leaving the group in negative space,  the shaded background changed the dymanics of the picture totally and gave a more abstract appearance and then I did a drawing  shading in the group leaving the background in relief.  I found that the silhoutette dominated the picture and the negative space promoted the group it also highlighted the shapes around the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment