Monday 2 May 2011

Jayne's Learning log

18.4.2011

 I retired from my full time job 7 years ago and for the past 4 years I have been to a weekly art group where I learned to paint with water colour and to draw.  My drawings have been mainly from photos and pictures and I felt I was stuck in a rut of transferring one image on paper to another as accurately as possible.  What I want from this course is a wider skill base and the freedom and confidence to paint and draw from life around me and not always from printed images.

My Expectations From the Course

1.   To achieve a sense of freedom when tackling a piece of work and to be able to try new techniques and ideas and to evaluate the outcome.

2.   To develop my own artistic style by studying other artists work and their techniques and experimenting.

3.   To be able to appreciate the work of some of the masters, to know more about them as artists and understand the political and social restraints of their time and how that may have influenced their work.

4.  To embrace and enjoy the new experience of working to a schedule and learning new skills.

As I go through the course I may discover more expectations but at the moment I am going to enjoy the journey

No comments:

Post a Comment