Tuesday 18 October 2011

Project Still Life using Line

This is another exercise I feel I got a lot out of.  I sat over the basket of vegetables so that I had more of an ariel view.  I had to draw looking down into the basket and I think that I have achieved that aspect of the drawing. I also tried to be aware of the pattern of the tiles on the floor as the tiles that I was looking directly down onto were square but the ones which were further away slightly more elongated, as with an elipse.  I don't think I achieved the effect very well but at least it was a consideration and one I will continue to work on.  The grouping of the objects worked well and I think that placing the objects infront and behind one another creates depth. The texture on the marrow and the cabbage works well, the onion skin which was pealing off not so well. 

Still Life Group in Tone

This was for me a difficult exercise but a valuable one.  I was asked to set up a still life and with different colours pick out the light, mid and dark tones and I do not think I made a very good job of this exercise. It was hard to determine the mid tones as often the mid tones had shades of tone as opposed to the obvious light and dark.  In hindsight I think that I should have used coloured inks so that I had to choose more decisively the tonal differences.




No comments:

Post a Comment