Sunday 29 April 2012

The Longer Pose

My final drawing in this section is the longer pose and again I had some limitations as the model was in my life class and so I had one hour to complete the task.  I wasn't quite finished and I should have worked more quickly, I used conte crayon sanguine and I love the colour, I used the head as my measurement guide.
I also looked at the drawings of Antoine Watteau as he used red chalk for many of his drawings and the colour is soft and expressive.
Jean Antoine Watteau 1684-1721 Study of a woman seen from the back
Bridgeman Educational Library
Study of a nude woman by Jean Antoine Watteau
Bridgeman Educational Library
The first picture with the woman dressed and corsetted sitting erect due to her attire is in complete contrast to the nude woman curvacious and mobile showing movement and a different type of energy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment